NEBOSH HSE Intro to Incident Investigation
Who should take this course?
This qualification is for anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively. Employers, supervisors, SHE champions, union and safety representatives will benefit.
What will I be able to do after taking this qualification?
- Independently investigate simple incidents
- Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
- Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
- Contribute to team investigations for large-scale incidents
- Positively impact the safety culture in your organization
What will my employer gain from this qualification?
- Drive down repeat incidents – learn lessons so it doesn’t happen again
- Confidence that your organization’s approach to investigations is robust
- Improved safety culture by encouraging a proactive approach to incident investigation
- Build in-company expertise
- An approach to incident investigations that reflects best practices.
What does the course cover and how is it assessed?
The one-day NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation covers the following topics:
- Moral, legal, and financial arguments for investigations
- Human and organizational factors that can contribute to an incident
- The process for investigating incidents
- Positive interview strategies and the Barriers to successful interviews
A practical assessment is completed at the end of the course. You will be provided with a pack of evidence and shown a video of three witness interviews. You will be asked to review the evidence, evaluate each interview and produce an action plan that will help prevent a recurrence of an incident.
Further details including the syllabus guide can be donloaded using this link. Download Course Guide